From: Kelly Benjamin, AAUP Media and Communications
Here are the top AAUP press clips from around the nation over the past month. Read on to see the great work your fellow members have been doing to keep academic freedom, shared governance, and the economic security of the profession in the news. And please help amplify this work by retweeting!
As always, to stay up to date on all our work, follow the AAUP on Facebook, Twitter, andInstagram.
AAUP Top Clips:
- CSU Pueblo faculty host ‘teach-in’ to address low salaries – The Pueblo Chieftain (Jonathan Rees, CSU-AAUP president quoted)
- Florida Universities were told to prioritize diversity plans. Now DeSantis aims to gut them – USA Today (Tweet)
- Florida is trying to roll back a century of gains for academic freedom – Washington Post (Tweet)
- “The Florida of Today is the America of Tomorrow”: Ron DeSantis’s New College Takeover is just the beginning of the Right’s Higher Ed Crusade – Vanity Fair (Tweet)
- SU’s chapter of the AAUP supports grad student unionization – The Daily Orange (Tweet)
- Republican crusade to convert UNC-Chapel Hill will lead to its demise – The News & Observer (mentions AAUP UNC report)
- OU-AAUP urges admin, Faculty Senate to denounce ‘censorship’ in education caused by HB 1775 – OU Daily
- Fired Linfield University professor wins more than $1 million in whistleblower suit against college – The Oregonian (Tweet)
- Temple Demands Strikers Pay for Tuition, Healthcare – Inside Higher Ed (quotes AAUP president Irene Mulvey’s statement on TUGSA)